Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sustainable Long Island

Hello,

So I have done a couple of things since the last class. The main thing was to contact Sustainable Long Island and start to find out what things they have done for Roosevelt, and get a better understanding of what Roosevelt needs. So I was able to get in touch with them, however the the staff was at a board meeting. So he down my information and questions I had regarding Roosevelt and my project. He has assured me that the right person will be in touch with me to answer all my question.So right now I am waiting for that.

In the mean time I went on Sustainable Long Island website and they have alot of great things.

This link is an introduction to what they have planned for Roosevelt, it also contains a video showing the sustainable Long and the Town of Hempstead getting together to come up with a vision for Roosevelt.
http://sustainableli.org/community.html#roosevelt

This link gives information on brown fields, and the redevelopment of them.
http://sustainableli.org/brownfields.html

This link is a map of Roosvelt provided by sustainable Long Island showing:
Land Use
Potential for Revitalizing
Population
and Housing

http://www.longislandindexmaps.org/?zoom=6&x=1100347.85&y=186600.47&tab=tabLandUse&satellite=false&landuse=true&mainlayers=9%2C12%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C27%2C28%2C34%2C35%2C36%2C37%2C38%2C39%2C68%2C88&labellayers=18%2C90%2C91%2C92%2C93%2C94%2C95%2C97%2C98%2C99%2C100%2C101%2C103%2C104%2C114


This is what I have for now. I will post more as I look through Sustainable Long Island website.



No comments:

Post a Comment